Saturday, February 14, 2009

Papa J Celebration










I am blessed with the best friend in the world, Ali! When I heard the news that my grandfather had died on February 2nd, I sent her a text. She immediately phoned me back and offered her sympathies. Then on the following Saturday, she made the 5 hour journey to my home to surprise me and give me the gift of a celebration in honor of my beloved grandfather. She brought sweets, money to buy sodas, and materials to make a flag in his honor. I was at school with my girls in the library, a normal Saturday occurrence when she unexpectedly walked in! We made a special dinner and I brought out all my photos of my grandpa. Memory and Beatrice prepared fish in honor of the celebration and I prepared the flag. We shared lovely memories of all our deceased grandparents that night and I went to sleep "smiling underneath" (quoted from an Ani Difranco song). Here are the photos documenting the celebration. Love you Papa J!

No comments: