Friday, January 30, 2009

Back from America!
















Wow! Was I really in America? With cushy, bouncy carpet under my feet? A refrigerator full of food that you can have any time of day, as you please? Did I really drive a car? Was it really 1000 degrees colder with ice falling from the sky? I was a normal person who was not a spectacle. I It's very difficult to explain an ice storm to Malawians. In chichewa I say, "America anali yozizira kwabasi! Ndipo, pamene mvula inagwa, inali monga ice block."= America was really cold! When it rains, it rains like ice! They were all so confused! I didn't even try to explain an American Christmas because Santa Clause, Christmas Tree, and wrapping up presents in pretty paper with bows are words they have never heard in any language so why even try! I thoroughly enjoyed being home and thank everyone who spoiled me and made me feel so special. It was so wonderful to spend the holidays with my family, especially my grandfather! Love you all!










No comments: