Saturday, October 25, 2008

Camp Sky Fundraising Dinner






We had a very successful fundraising dinner for camp sky: http://campsky.blogspot.com/! I was in charge of receiving and preparing two former campers to speak at the dinner. It was my idea as a way to put faces and a lives to our fundraising efforts. I received "Raffik" and "Brandina" in the early afternoon, took them to lunch, and prepared them for their speeches. They were a hit and had a great time (as did I!). The other photo was part of my second effort and it was a fruit basket my friends and I put together as a raffle prize. As of now our fundraising efforts have put us close to our goal of $12,000. We raised about $1500 that night and this money will go to cover the cost of our field trips to a National Game Reserve and also to the Business District in Blantyre (second major city). Ericka, notice I am wearing one of your headbands!!! Thanks for all of you who helped to contribute!!!

No comments: